3500-Motor Transport Question
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

3500-Motor Transport Question

Hello Marines. I am considering motor transport as my MOS. I would like to be a mechanic and I was wondering what kind of work you do. Like how advanced? Is it like tear down and rebuild engines or just routine kind of stuff? Thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by knblount View Post
    Hello Marines. I am considering motor transport as my MOS. I would like to be a mechanic and I was wondering what kind of work you do. Like how advanced? Is it like tear down and rebuild engines or just routine kind of stuff? Thanks.

Like any MOS, you don't get to sign up for a specific MOS unless you are going in the reserves. You sign up for 3500 and hope you get what you want.

As for level of wrench work, it depends on what echelon of maintenance you are assigned. 1st echelon is Organizational. Vehicle operators do basic preventive maintenance, units mechanics do standard repair and wrenching. This level would normally be found in units close to the battlefield.

2d echelon is Intermediate. More advanced wrenching. Replacing engines, trannies, etc. These mechs are in specialized maintenance units further back in the rear.

3rd echelon is Depot. Most depot work is done by civilians at major stateside facilities (Blount Island, FL; Barstow, CA; Albany, GA). Depot work involves heavy-duty rebuild work. Some experienced Marine mechs may be assigned to work there too (or used to be).

Thread Information